Make it your own: The Purposeful Leader is now available as an in-house online programme. Designed to help people understand their motivations, aspirations and purpose better, the programme will bring you and your colleagues together as a team and nurture a culture led by values and curiosity.
While we work virtually, understanding the hearts and minds of our colleagues is more important than ever. Knowing and connecting with what matters to us as individuals and as a team, right now, will help build momentum and confidence in shaping the future, together.
By connecting with purpose and understanding our own motivations – the ones we might know of but have never articulated – we can raise the bar to work with more heart, compassion and lead with values at the forefront of every choice we make, as we navigate a more challenging academic year.
“It’s been a really valuable experience. I discovered more about myself and how I make the choices and decisions that I do. The group and dynamic online was great, and we built a lot of trust early on. Since taking part in The Purposeful Leader I’ve looked back at the work again a number of times and I’ve committed to taking actions and putting these into place.”
Director of Sport and Derby Student Residences Ltd
University of Derby
Now is the time to make a purposeful change.
The Purposeful Leader
The Purposeful Leader is a dedicated space for you and your colleagues to explore and articulate your professional purpose and put this at the heart of your collective leadership.
Coming together virtually over two days, we’ll work with you to:
- Explore the congruence between your personal. professional and institutional values
- Build a thriving culture of trust and collegiality by putting values and purpose at heart of everything you and your colleagues do.
- Navigate uncertainty by leading from a position of purpose that endures, letting go of things that hold you back and building momentum to overcome environmental pressures.
- Achieve impact through leading with compassion and clear values to achieve what matters.
- Connect strategy to action. Re-orientate what you do every day to your personal and institutional strategic purpose, giving you confidence to move forward with intent.
- Meet, connect, and exchange ideas with colleagues from across the sector.
The Purposeful Leader programme
Over the course of the programme you’ll focus on these questions:
- Who am I as a human being? What really matters to me? What do I stand for?
- Who am I as a leader? What really matters to me? What do I stand for?
- What is my specific purpose as a leader? What are the challenges I face?
- How do people understand what matters to me as a leader?
Through inquiry, reflection and group work you’ll explore your personal and professional narrative and how to use this to create a culture of trust, root what you do in your purpose and vision, and hone an action plan to put your learning into place.
Would you like to know more?
To enquire or book your in-house Purposeful Leader, please contact Paul Gentle, Academic Director.
Terms and Conditions
We will work with you to ensure that you and your colleagues enjoy every aspect of what makes Invisible Grail special – before, during and after the programmes themselves. Click here for our full terms and conditions.
Who The Purposeful Leader is for
The Purposeful Leader is for any team who wants to build a values-led culture.
Your programme experience
With two expert facilitators, you and your colleagues will work through a sequence of group tasks and individual activities that will help you navigate the complex challenges you face in your leadership. The techniques we use will stretch you and may surprise you, and by the end of the programme you will leave with practical outcomes that you and your colleagues can use in your work.
Why purpose and why now?
We believe it’s time to focus on purpose. The essence that underpins why we come to work each day. The thing that drives commitment, energy, and belief in ideas and strategies. That speaks to our hearts as well as our minds.
More than ever before, we need to reconnect to our professional purpose, and the wider purpose of our organisations.
Purposeful Leadership: Now or never?
Purpose is in our nature. So why do we often forget how important it can be to our professional lives?
When we’re motivated by what is right and when we can see how our work connects with a purpose greater than ourselves, this is when we can make the biggest difference to the people we work with and lead.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
The inside out approach – let’s stop looking around us for the answers but ask ourselves questions that will help us understand who we are and how we can find steadiness and courage in all that we do.