The power of narrative in Higher Education
Invisible Grail explores and creates approaches to team and individual development for people working in Higher Education. We’re alongside you as you discover how to tell the story of your institution at its best.
- Developing and communicating narrativesCreate a refreshed vision and approach for your team, department or organisational narrative, bringing people with you as they find their place in the story.
- Team development and culture-building
Foster a collaborative culture, unpicking uneasy tensions where needed, and build a shared narrative for your team.
- Collaboration across the universityTake account of different perspectives, build communities across different teams who share common goals within your university.
Using creative leadership and communication techniques, we help universities and their people align purpose, vision and narrative to realise their ambitions; from unlocking collective team stories, to developing unique, game changing institutional strategies.
We work with you to build your institution’s capacity to engage your audiences. To communicate what makes you distinctive; a leader and pathfinder. To make the invisible visible.
New for 2020: The Purposeful Leader
How do you lead with purpose? And how do you connect your purpose with the aims and aspirations of the people you work with and lead?
Taking place next May near York, we’re running our new two-day programme examining how to bring greater purpose to leadership in higher education.
Find out more: The Purposeful Leader
What do they say?
- Working with Invisible Grail we were able to take people to a space where we could explore their unique leadership approach, grow their confidence and apply this to imagining and creating the future of …Read More »
Sheffield Hallam University: Working in partnership to develop the University’s Teaching Excellence narrativeIn partnering with Invisible Grail, Sheffield Hallam University was looking for a fresh, external, perspective to serve as a guide in preparing for future TEF submissions. One of the University’s key objectives was to …Read More »
- This programme gave us a moment to recognise our commonality with one another and to use this to create a shared narrative for the future of our School. In working with Invisible Grail, we …Read More »
- We set out to strengthen our team culture and to nurture an ongoing commitment to share ideas and our individual expertise to achieve our ultimate purpose – to enhance the student experience. It was vital …Read More »
- What are the hallmarks of being a connected leader? Drawing on his experience of working with some of the top leaders from across the world, Paul Gentle offers a manifesto on the benefits of practising …Read More »
- ‘Why do we do what we do? Finding our purpose’ is the theme of this year’s AUA Invisible Grail competition. Do you often think about the purpose of what you do in your daily work? …Read More »
- If we could step into someone else’s shoes and see the world through their eyes, would we make different decisions? Might we be better equipped to improve widening participation or eliminate the attainment gap? Stories …Read More »
- Discover your Friday G&T (Gift & Tonic); a short piece of writing to spark a moment of creativity or create a minute of stillness. Published every Friday, these pieces are here to give your week a …Read More »