We work in partnership with you to unlock the stories that inspire, motivate and engage your audiences – staff, students, communities – in a common purpose.
We’ve worked with
A snapshot of some of our university partners and programmes:
University of Exeter
Collaboration across the College Education Strategy Group
We worked with a team of 13 academic and professional services leaders to deepen their approach to working across a large College of Social Sciences and International Studies. Encouraging them beyond daily tactics and towards a bigger picture, we challenged assumptions and practices. The next steps for the team were to focus on interpreting and implementing the University’s new Learning and Teaching Strategy.
University of Limerick
A new narrative for the Community Engagement Teams
In a city keen to cement trust between its communities and its University, 20 colleagues debated and created over 4 days. We helped to facilitate an emerging narrative and a set of action plans for delivering a nationally funded pilot project. This will pave the way for a new model of civic engagement and leadership for Irish universities. It includes creating a virtuous circle between community engagement and widening participation in higher education.
University of Portsmouth
Executive Team Development with the Faculty of Business and Law
Four different dates over a year. A team in formation, galvanised by a new strategy and the desire to bring colleagues with them to maximise a strong Faculty profile. We used creative problem-solving to nurture a climate based on greater trust and emotional intelligence.
Strategy 2025 development
We became critical friend and author-in-residence to the Strategy 2025 team. We spent 13 days on campus with themed focus groups, listening during institution-wide consultations and online meetings, including those with leaders from international campuses. Our drafts paved the way for Court approval and the Strategy launch.
University of Edinburgh
A strategic narrative for the Department of Social Responsibility and Sustainability
An award winning department was looking for a strategic narrative. This called for our most creative techniques: thinking in metaphors, linking words and images to their values, inspiring them to dream big. 6 months later, senior stakeholders were brought into the conversation, and their vision and ambition flourished.
Sheffield Hallam University
Building a narrative that gets noticed with the Business and Enterprise Team
This Business and Enterprise Team wanted a collective, energising vision that would speak to who they are and what they’re here to do, and that would resonate and engage people throughout the University. Using creative facilitation, we worked with the team to articulate their ambitions and help start make these a reality. A process of inquiry, requiring the team to manage a series of conversations with provocative external guests, helped to draw out people’s leadership and build collaboration.
- Paul has been a great help and collaborator over the last few years as we develop the Faculty’s capability.” Professor Matthew Evans Dean of Science The University of Hong Kong Since 2017 we’ve worked …Read More »
- One of the best parts is that colleagues are fully-focused on the sessions. Working online really helps us build wholehearted trust in our team to work for the good of the students.” Kelly Cooper …Read More »
- We were looking for new perspectives of how we as a department could go forward in the future to meet the wider University strategy. Invisible Grail opened up the conversation, made sure collaboration and …Read More »
- Working with Invisible Grail we were able to take people to a space where we could explore their unique leadership approach, grow their confidence and apply this to imagining and creating the future of …Read More »
Sheffield Hallam University: Working in partnership to develop the University’s Teaching Excellence narrativeIn partnering with Invisible Grail, Sheffield Hallam University was looking for a fresh, external, perspective to serve as a guide in preparing for future TEF submissions. One of the University’s key objectives was to …Read More »
- This programme gave us a moment to recognise our commonality with one another and to use this to create a shared narrative for the future of our School. In working with Invisible Grail, we …Read More »