Our small and expert team is committed to developing creative approaches to your challenges and opportunities using a blend of original leadership and communication techniques.
We work with you to design unique projects that realise your aspirations, and we do this by crafting a story and building communities of practice that own and lead the narrative.
We work in four key areas, but will always work to your brief. If you would like to discuss a project please contact us.
- Developing and communicating narrativesCreate a refreshed vision and approach for your team, department or organisational narrative, bringing people with you as they find their place in the story.
- Team development and culture-buildingFoster a collaborative culture, unpicking uneasy tensions where needed, and build a shared narrative for your team.
- Collaboration across the universityTake account of different perspectives, build communities across different teams who share common goals within your university.
- Writing workshopsWorkshops rich in techniques and approaches to enhance the impact of writing for everyone who needs to influence, motivate and persuade with their writing.
Case Studies and testimonials
Since we launched in May last year we’ve worked with over 1,400 people at more than 40 different universities. The projects we’ve created range from helping individuals find their own leadership narrative, to bigger, broader departmental and institutional strategy development. A further range of case studies is coming very soon.
- Sheffield Hallam University In partnering with Invisible Grail, Sheffield Hallam University was looking for a fresh, external, perspective to serve as a guide in preparing for future TEF submissions. One of the University’s key …Read More »
- University of Edinburgh This programme gave us a moment to recognise our commonality with one another and to use this to create a shared narrative for the future of our School. In working with …Read More »
- University of Derby We set out to strengthen our team culture and to nurture an ongoing commitment to share ideas and our individual expertise to achieve our ultimate purpose – to enhance the student …Read More »
- We are working on a programme in the Faculty of Science at the University of Hong Kong which aims to build an informal leadership team spanning academic departments and professional services. Over a period of …Read More »
What do they say?
How we work
Working alongside you, we start by understanding the nature of your challenge. Using this as a framework, we explore how it fits in with the whole picture – your people, culture and context – to create a programme that is specific and meaningful to everyone who will be involved.
We seek to be creative and bring fresh ideas to professional development. Examples of techniques we use might include collaborative inquiry, facilitated conversations, reflection and feedback, writing tasks and one to one coaching. We employ these and others to create a tangible vision for your aspirations, taking into account the practicalities of your timeframe, budget and context.
Each project we create is tailored to you and your environment, and at every opportunity we practise our ethics, keeping your confidence and respecting your institutional integrity.
Curious to know more?
If you would like to talk to us about a project in mind and find out how we can help, please contact Paul Gentle, Academic Director: email@example.com.